In 1906 Detroit salesman B.E. Taylor bought several acres of farmland just outside of the village of Huron and divided the property into lots. Three years later, in an attempt to increase sales Taylor pledged to give away a lot if the new owner agreed to build a house. The winner of the free lot was blacksmith A.F. Emmons. The development was later named Huronia Beach.
A group of professors from Ohio State University formed the Oak Point Subdivision in 1920, which is located between Grand Forest Beach to the west and North Palm Beach to the east. The neighborhood consists of one street, Drive Boulevard on the north side of Cleveland Road.